Get Ready to E-foil!
If you think surfing is cool, don’t wait another second to try e-foiling. And if you live or are vacationing in South Florida, E-Foiling USA is the area’s go-to company for lessons, sales, events and support.
And despite appearances, this new sport is not hard to learn. But as with many sports, a more than just a modicum of a certain type of prowess is needed to succeed. When it comes to e-foiling, people with flexibility and strength in their legs tend to enjoy the best
These five basic leg exercises and stretches are a good place to start. Hold onto a railing or another sturdy object during the exercises for support. Perform two sets of 10 strength exercises three times a week. Hold stretches for 30 seconds and perform twice a day. These move will help get your legs ready for your first (and quite exciting!) e-foiling experience.
1. Aerobic exercise: Walking, stationary cycling and water aerobics are terrific options to improve blood flow and leg strength. Try to exercise for 30 minutes five days a week or work your way up to exercising that much. Wear comfortable shoes that fit well to avoid blisters.
2. Heel raises: Heel raises are a good way to strengthen your calves. Stand with your feet
shoulder-width apart and slowly raise your heels off the floor.
3. Calf stretches: Stretching before and after exercise is important to improve mobility and prevent cramps or spasms. Place both hands on a wall in front of you, extend one leg behind you and bend your front leg. Press your heels to the floor until you feel a stretch in your back calf.
4. Hamstring stretches: Tight hamstrings and calves often go together. Stretch these muscles by placing one heel on a step in front of you and leaning forward until you feel a stretch in the back of your thigh.
5. Tandem balance exercises: Stand with one foot in front of the other in a heel-to-toe position. Hold this position for 30 seconds before switching feet.
And one more thing: For a better idea about how strong your standing balance is, lift one foot and see how long you can hold it there. To test your balance as you move, try walking as if you’re on a tightrope for 10 steps and see how you fare. Balance exercises should improve both of these measurements over time.
So now that your legs are prepped for your lessons at E-Foil USA, get your head ready for a unique and outrageously fun sporting experience that will blow your mind!